Monday, December 1, 2008

Today i had a lot of school. I had a mock interview as well, during which i was videotaped and now i have to watch it and evaluate myself. It's funny to watch, because when i am focusing on the interviewer's questions i squint my eyes, and when i talk i use a lot of hand gestures, which i had not previously realized. I will upload a little clip later, when i figure out how to do so.

Nobody is home right now in my house so i have been walking around, pretending like i know how to beatbox, interacting with the dogs and procrastinating. Have you seen our dogs? Here is a picture of them, courtesy of Jeremiah:

Odin and Ruepert

They are not entertained by my beatbox. They are both sleeping now. I found yesterday a poet that i like- his name is Thomas Hardy. I dont think i had previously been familiar with him.
i like this quote by him:

"To find themselves utterly alone at night where company is desirable and expected makes some people fearful; but a case more trying by far to the nerves is to discover some mysterious companionship when intuition, sensation, memory, analogy, testimony, probability, induction -- every kind of evidence in the logician's list -- have united to persuade consciousness that it is quite in isolation."

^Something i have found intriguing myself. Jeremiah and i are soon going to be watching Baraka, i havent seen it but i've heard a lot about it- Wikipedia says:

"In addition to making comparisons between natural and technological phenomena, such as in Koyaanisqatsi, Baraka searches for a universal cultural perspective: for instance, following a shot of an elaborate tattoo on a bathing Japanese yakuza mobster with one of Native Australian tribal paint. The movie was filmed at 152 locations of 24 countries: Argentina, Australia, Brazil, Cambodia, China, Ecuador, Egypt, France, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Israel, Italy, Japan, Kenya, Kuwait, Nepal, Poland, Saudi Arabia, Tanzania, Thailand, Turkey, and the United States. It contains no dialogue. Instead of a story or plot, the film uses themes to present new perspectives and evoke emotion purely through cinema."

I'm excited.

Tomorrow at Bridges we are making tie-quilts. I have no experience so it should be an interesting day for both my students and myself.

The semester is nearing an end and i have to start gathering together my painting portfolio. Here are two of the paintings i did this semester in watercolor:







So here they are both,
abstract landscapes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

to leave a comment, type in the comment box, then select the name/url option, fill in your name, and hit publish comment.

voila!